Standard radio frequency identification (RFID) tags are not designed for placement near metal. The technology behind Identiv’s RFID Tag
on Metal (TOM®) Labels is unique to Identiv and features substantial technical and economic benefits for a wide variety of applications
with surrounding metal environments.
These high frequency (HF) labels (ISO/IEC 14443 or 15693) are equipped with a unique shielding technology that provides an optimum read range when applied to metallic surfaces.
Due to their extreme flexibility and ease of application, Identiv’s TOM Labels can be used for automatic data capture on metallic surfaces
and objects in the following applications:
- Interactive mobile applications (i.e., micro-payment, advertising, loyalty, or access)
- Production process control and traceability
- Counterfeit protection
- Asset and inventory management (i.e., tool tracking, servers, computers, etc.)
- Medical environments (i.e., equipment identification and tracking)
- Shelf or location tagging
- Transportation projects and NFC-based applications
Click on the link below to download a product datasheet or click to get pricing information from your local ISG dealer.