Embossing, Marking, Traceability & More
The industrial manufacturing sector relies heavily on quality solutions for individual part marking and traceability. As there is a growing need for traceability and accountability in manufacturing, the ISG is proud to offer the best and largest product and technology selection for marking and embossing solutions.
One of the most popular, cost-effective and reliable means of part marking is the use of embossing technology, largely due to its durability under constant use and its capacity to maintain information integrity under harsh environments over time.
Metal plate marking is done with high-quality, reliable machines that mark information via embossing (raised surface) or debossing (indented surface) on virtually any metal, including stainless steel, carbon steel, titanium, aluminum, copper, brass and gold.
Part marking has evolved from standard numbers and letters into actual raised 2D barcodes for quick scanning options, and on a variety of plate sizes to meet the needs of any application. Metal marking machines can produce standard alpha numeric text and symbols, dot matrix images, 2D data matrices (barcoding) and can incorporate new vision inspection technology.
Part marking and traceability is becoming a necessity and in some cases an insurance or quality assurance requirement throughout a manufacturing process specifically in, but not limited to:
- Automotive component manufacturers (transmissions, axels, brake systems, etc.)
- Industrial hose manufacturers
- Wood manufacturing industries (pressed wood products)
- Chemical plants
- Tractor manufacturers
- Farming equipment (plows, fertilizers, etc.)
- Trailer manufacturers (recreational, industrial, farming)
- Structural concrete manufacturers (beam, columns)
- Walkway, escalator, elevator manufacturers
- Ship builders, shipyards & naval facilities
- Aircraft manufactures & maintenance facilities
- Power plants & utilities (tagging valves and other critical installations)
- Mining & processing (steel plates, coal industry)
- Electrical motors (component manufacturers)
- Gas & utility meter manufacturers & refurbishing facilities
- Medical equipment manufacturers & importers
- Water management facilities
- Construction sites
Click on any of the Industrial market solutions we offer below to learn more.